I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Tracey and Catherine. I am humbled and honored and feel indebted to them and to other fellow bloggers. I express my gratitude towards them though it can’t be fully expressed in words as I feel elated and when Tracey told me about the nomination my first reaction was to tell her that I don’t deserve it. I consider it as an encouragement to keep sharing and learning. Thank you very much.
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Here are my answers to Catherine’s Quiz:
You are having a dinner party. But at this dinner party, you, as the host will be able to invite five guests who have departed this life as we know it. Who would the five be? Why?
Krishna, Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi and Osho. Because these people have served mankind and they were wonderful teachers. They have influenced my thinking and I would love to express my gratitude to them face-to-face.
What is your description of happiness?
Happiness is a state of mind and it’s a temporary state. The polar opposite of happiness is unhappiness. Peace is beyond both of them. Peace is the destination of all humans.
Do you believe that most people are judgmental?
No, I don’t. I feel most people are good at heart and differences are superficial and circumstantial. I have a strong faith in the inherent goodness of humanity.
You have just received an all-expenses paid trip to go anywhere in the world. Where would you go? Why?
A difficult question. Probably Vienna or Paris. Mostly because they have beautiful artistic heritage. I have seen them in many films and loved knowing about them.
Do you believe that music is essential in our lives?
Definitely. Logos or Word is the source of all creation. We are made of music. There exists an inherent harmony in nature beyond all chaos and it’s the music of spheres. Even the simple instrumental music has ability to make you feel calm and peaceful. Music is an essential part of our lives. German Philosopher Nietzsche expressed it very well:
Without music life will be a mistake
What is your favorite quality about yourself?
Surrender and Acceptance of life. I don’t strive for anything and I have completely accepted what life has given me.
What is your LEAST favorite quality about yourself?
I guess I talk too much. Blabberwockying!
What would your last meal be?
Whatever is available at that moment.
What is your favorite movie?
This is the most difficult question as I am a movie buff. I can tell you three movies I like almost equally: Inland Empire(David Lynch), True Romance(Tony Scott) and Schizopolis(Steven Soderbergh.)
What makes a friend?
Sharing. Kindness. Love. Gratitude.
What is your favorite dessert of all time?
Here are my answers to Tracey’s Quiz:
If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?
Paris and Vienna.
What do you like about your hometown?
What is the simplest thing that makes you smile?
Cheeky and Petulant kids.
What is your favorite meal?
What’s your least favorite chore to do at home?
To wash toilets.
What’s your favorite book?
Another difficult question. Many books have transformed my life but if I were to name just one:
Tao Te Ching by Lao tzu
What is your most unusual or unexpected talent?
I sense two three meanings of a song’s lyrics and sentences simultaneously where most people see only one.
What’s your favorite animal and why?
Squirrels. They are cute.
Who is your greatest hero or inspirational figure?
Buddha. Jesus. Krishna. Gandhi and Osho.
What was your favorite game or toy as a child?
Hide and Seek. I loved it.
What’s your favorite beverage?
Cold water and milk.
Here are the questions I am asking my nominees.
- What is life according to you?
- What is your goal or mission in life, if any.
- What is your favorite film(s)?
- What quality you like most about yourself?
- Who are your heroes or role models?
- Which is your dream destination?
- What do you prefer in life Peace or Success. Are they different for you. Why?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you feel good about yourself, people around you and life in general?
- What is the importance of gratitude according to you, if any?
And the nominees are…
I had a very difficult time selecting these blogs because there are so many wonderful blogs and beautiful bloggers I have come across in last nine days. But here they are–wonderful blogs and beautiful bloggers.
- Kristina Van Hoose: She is not only an amazing storyteller but a very kind person who has tirelessly helped and supported her fellow bloggers in university. She’s a gift for blogging community.
- Sincerely, Hil: She’s a very down to earth person and her blog is beautiful and her writings inspire others.
- Helen: She is master of the cutest craft in the world. She creates cute little monsters called Beasties and takes them to trips with her.
- Ananya: She’s a new blogger with an amazing gift for writing and storytelling. She has also been very helpful to her fellow classmates in blogging university.
- Arpita: Arpita’s travelogue is a beautiful account of her travels and she has been very helpful and kind to her fellow bloggers.
- Ingrid Cai: She has a wide array of talents and has been very helpful to blogging community.
- Anand: Anand is a gifted artist. His gift for caricatures and his impeccable wit make his blog a place to relish.
- The Anonymous Stalker: The artist behind the mask is one of the wittiest and his sense of humor has no match.
- Lyssa Dartaine: Lyssa has a great commitment to her craft and some unique ideas. Her blog is a beautiful place to spend your time.
- Geek Kate: Her beautiful blog Heart and Harp Strings has inspired many of us and she has been very supportive of her fellow classmates.